Monday, January 24, 2011

Check Out What $45M Gets You

Friday, January 22 I had the privilege of getting the “Cook’s Tour” of the Indian River State College public safety campus. I have to admit that I was completely unprepared for what met my eye. Just a few miles off the intersection of Florida Turnpike and I-95, the back roads that meandered past some stands of pines and a few structures seemed to be taking me to yet another remote training academy.

When I made the left turn onto Kirby Loop Road, the “Taj Mahal” of Public Safety training academies beckoned. Not to spoil the suspense, but you’ll want to bring your Ez-Up, lawn chairs and coolers for our three-day culmination of Season 20. This is the first drill tower that I’ve seen with stainless steel railings, windows and doors. “Built to Last” is a moniker that quickly comes to mind.

I signed the contract, so, we’re a “Go” for this event, October 28, 29 and 30.

No comments: