Thursday, February 23, 2012

One of our Own

Tragedy can come in many forms; losing all your earthy possessions to a fire is a devastation of inordinate proportions. And the irony of being a veteran firefighter that’s seen this kind of catastrophe makes it even worse.

Chuck LeBlanc, one of the most easily recognizable figures at the Scott Firefighter Combat Challenge lost his condo this past weekend due to a defect in the insulation around the chimney in the common space. If there’s any good news, it’s that Chuck and his wife are okay. Thank God.

The next question is, “What’s the insurance company going to do?” It’s highly unlikely that they’ll make him whole. So, what can we all do? Well, I’d like to suggest donations through our non-profit First Responder Institute. One-hundred percent of monies collected will be conveyed to Chuck.

We at On Target will do everything we can to restore Chuck’s awards, prizes and premiums. Since Chuck’s career spans almost two decades, this will take some work. But, I know that there are hundreds of Challenge Competitors who will be pulling for Chuck.

The address to mail your donation is:

First Responder Institute
15312 Spencerville Court
Suite 100
Burtonsville, MD 20866

You can also make a donation through our PayPal account by following the link on the home page.

1 comment:

Roy Davis said...

Sorry for your loss, Chuck. Glad you and your wife are OK. Amazing that you and Bill P. are still at it. Give me a call if you get a chance (253.549.2044).
Roy (Davis)