Monday, December 6, 2021

Another one in the "Win" column

Here's a short story about an EMS call in Anne Arundel County posted on the community bulletin board:

Thank you to AA County Fire and Rescue. My husband fell off the roof today while trying to clean the gutters. 911 responded and after he was safely loaded into the ambulance, the fire crew cleaned my gutters, took the blower on the roof and finished the job, took down the ladder, loaded it into the shed and locked it up for me. That is world-class service and I have never been so touched by a simple act of kindness.

I've seen other wonderful stories of firefighters performing tasks beyond the minimus. Chief Brunacini always put things in the perspective of customer service, where Mrs. Smith was not exactly having a good day. How can you help? And help in a meaningful way that goes a step beyond.

There's never anything quite like an act of kindness; just reaching for an item on the top shelf in the grocery store for a little old short lady can make the day for both of you; it did for me.

No comments: