Monday, May 30, 2016

The Transformation of Keith DiPatri

Keith DiPatri here. We spoke in Virginia Beach about my weight transformation. Little more information. I've had 2 L5/S1 laminectomies, 1992/2002. In 2013 I had my C4 removed and a cadaver disc to replace it and a titanium plate installed to fuse it all together.

Fortunately my career was not over. I put on a lot of weight after the third surgery. March of 2015 I had enough (244 pounds right side of picture) and hired a trainer. I told him I didn't need cross fit, just to be fit.

My goal was under 200 pounds by Christmas. August I weighed in at 197. End of November I was at 175. My trainer asked what my next goal was, I told him competing in the Firefighter Combat Challenge.

So I began a strength and conditioning training. February I was 185 (Left side of picture). Between 1999 and 2003 I had competed in the Challenge, Little Rock, Conway, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Grapevine, Enid, Norman, Springfield. So I knew what I was getting into.

Thirteen years wiser at 47 my goal was to finish all I compete in this year and beat my personal best and I did by 6 seconds at Branson this year. I may never make the Lions Den but I will always get Randy across the finish line. Thanks to your staff and all they do. And thank you.

Respectfully,
Keith DiPatri

No comments: